Educating, Monitoring and Treating Diabetes at Home
Diabetes can be one of the most difficult chronic diseases for patients to manage, but controlling blood sugar levels in order to prevent serious complications is essential. AdventHealth Home Health focuses on the education, monitoring, and treatment of patients in Volusia and Flagler counties with Type I and Type II diabetes.
Patients and caregivers are provided with a realistic, individualized home health treatment plan, enabling our skilled clinicians to make it easier for you to manage your diabetes at home. With their help and guidance, you’ll make better food choices, become more active, and be less likely to forget or overlook the important tasks of testing your blood and taking your medicine.
Our diabetes management home care services – offered in Daytona Beach, DeLand, New Smyrna Beach, Orange City, or Palm Coast – provide patients with a variety of diabetes support services, including:
- Collaboration with the patient’s physician
- Customized patient and caregiver educational materials
- Patient education and self-monitoring
- Dietary counseling and meal planning
- Foot assessment with follow-up education
The goal of AdventHealth Home Health diabetic management is to help enable patients to live as independently as possible, and reduce the number and frequency of hospital admissions and visits to the emergency department, while safely managing their own diabetic care at home.
Diabetes management services are offered by:
- AdventHealth DeLand – DeLand, FL
- AdventHealth Fish Memorial – Orange City, FL
- AdventHealth Palm Coast – Palm Coast, FL
- AdventHealth Daytona Beach – Ormond Beach, FL
- AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach – New Smyrna Beach, FL
The AdventHealth Home Health program is licensed by the Agency for Health Care Administration (license #HHA215580961), certified by Medicare, and accredited by The Joint Commission.